The laboratory is the main center for Laser and infrared materials, and is one of the earliest platforms for relevant research in China. The laboratory focuses on the following research:
l Advanced infrared optical materials and functional integration technology, Medium infrared fiber, large size new infrared optical materials
l Laser and optical functional materials, Laser crystals/ceramics/crystal
l Microstructure regulation and laser induced damage, Metasurface structure design, Optical microcavity
l Optical material processing and testing
1. In 2019, “Preparation of large size and high performance oxyfluoride infrared glass and its frameless component technology and application” led by professor ZHANG Long won The First Prizes for Technological Invention Awards.
2. In 2019, professor ZHANG Long won the honorary title of Young Outstanding Scientist.
3. In 2019, “Large size high performance infrared glass” was awarded CIIF NEW MATERIAL AWARD by The 21th Session China International Industry Fair.
4. In the domestic first developed the double cone head rapid growth technology, important progress ofⅡ class cutting class KDP crystal technology was made in the continuous filtration of rapid growth.
5. Breaking through the difficult problem of 3-inch high quality gallium oxide monocrystal preparation, a new N-type conductive monocrystal was prepared through the doping of VB group elements, with carrier concentration reaching 1019/cm3.